Fast Market Research recommends "Writing Instruments in Japan" from Euromonitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/20/2014 -- Writing instruments saw continuous growth over 2010-2013. During the global financial crisis, businesses tightened their expenditures on office supplies, including writing instruments, which led to growing consumption from individual consumers. The demand from individual consumers has hit the peak and started to slow down, especially after the sales tax increase in April 2014. Overall, writing instruments in 2014 is expected to record ?94 billion in current value terms, down by 1% from 2013.
Mitsubishi Pencil Co Ltd continued to lead sales in 2013, holding 12% share of writing instruments value sales. The company continued to maintain steady sales growth from its stable product series such as Jetstream (ball point pens), Kuru Toga (mechanical pencils) and Style Fit (roller ball pens). The company strengthened the development of the Jetstream series by launching high value-added and quality products. For example, Jetstream Prime was released in October 2013. By targeting business consumers, the pen features high-quality designs with the outer pen refill being made of metal instead of plastic to bring a more luxurious image. Whilst the traditional Jetstream pens were sold at the price range of ?108-?1,080, Jetstream Prime was sold at ?3,240-?5,400. The introduction of affordable luxury writing instruments by the domestic manufacturer created new demand from business consumers and drew attention to the category.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Writing instruments is expected to decline by a CAGR of 1% in value terms at constant 2014 prices over the forecast period. The demand for writing instruments has slowed down since the tax increase in 2014, and the decline will likely continue in the forecast period. Total population in Japan is expected to continue declining from 127 million in 2014 to 125 million in 2015. The demand of writing instruments for educational needs is also expected to decline, as the population aged 0-14 is expected to decline from 16 million in 2014 to 14.8 million in 2019. In addition to these demographic changes, the advances in technology reduce the need for traditional writing instruments. These factors will impact the volume sales of writing instruments. Prices are expected to see slight increase, driven by the expected tax increase in 2015 and introductions of affordable luxury writing instruments by major brands.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Writing Instruments industry in Japan with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Writing Instruments industry in Japan, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Writing Instruments in Japan market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- How have sales of writing instruments evolved over the past few years in Japan?
- What?s the potential of writing instruments sales via the internet?
- Just how dominant are pens compared to pencils, highlighters and accessories?
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Writing Instruments in the United Arab Emirates
- Writing Instruments in Canada
- Writing Instruments in Malaysia
- Writing Instruments in Spain
- Writing Instruments in Germany
- Writing Instruments in Romania
- Writing Instruments in Thailand
- Writing Instruments in South Africa
- Writing Instruments in Brazil
- Writing Instruments in Turkey