Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/22/2014 -- Growth in total beer volume sales in 2013 was much stronger than was expected, and evidently faster than the CAGR for the entire review period. This improvement was partly due to a price war between category leaders Cerveceria Centroamericana and AmBev Centroamerica, and their low prices made it possible for new consumers to buy beer, and old consumers to consume more frequently and a greater quantity per time. In addition, imported premium lager had a strong year, with more than 14 new international beer brands being distributed in the country.
Domestic company Cerveceria Centroamericana continued to dominate beer in 2013, claiming a total volume sales share of 78%. This dominance is partly due to its first-mover advantage; founded in 1887, the company had a monopoly on beer production in Guatemala until the entry of international competitor AmBev Centroamerica (formerly Cerveceria Rio SA) in 2004. The company's dominant position is also built on its competitive pricing strategy, extensive distribution network and a broad portfolio, which includes well-established local and international brands such as Gallo, Dorada, Monte Carlo, Sol, Corona Extra, Victoria and Heineken. AmBev Centroamerica, which offers the Brahva range, was the second-leading beer player in 2013 with a total volume share of 19%. Other prominent competitors included Industrias Tripoli SA, Cerveceria Cuauhtemoc Moctezuma SA de CV, Ninoshka SA, Industrias Licoreras de Guatemala SA and Distribuidora Alcazaren SA.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The outlook for beer remains highly favourable, with the constant value growth rate over the forecast period expected to be markedly stronger than that recorded over 2008-2013. Growth in beer consumption will be reinforced by population increases and rising disposable incomes in Guatemala. It is really important that, as prices start going up again, promotions remain strong, to be able to hold new consumers in the category. At the same time, new launches, price promotions and other marketing activities will drive the development of the category. In particular, new launches are expected to play a key role in increasing beer consumption among consumers, especially women.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Beer industry in Guatemala with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Beer industry in Guatemala, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Beer in Guatemala market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market volume shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Beer in Guatemala?
- What are the major brands in Guatemala?
- How has premium lager performed in the wake of the global recession, has it lost out to economy lager as consumers traded down?
- What are the most popular flavours within non-alcoholic beer?
- What are the market opportunities for 'healthier' beers like low calorie and/or low abv beers?
- Has the implementation of a stricter drink driving law benefited sales of low/non-alcohol beer?
- Has the recession benefited domestic lager over imported lager?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Dark Beer, Lager, Non/Low Alcohol Beer, Stout.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Beverages research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Premium Beer Market 2013
- Sweetening The Pils - The Market for Flavored Beer and Beer Mixes
- Beer - Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Beer - BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, China) Industry Guide
- Beer - North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide
- The Craft Beer Phenomenon
- Beer - Scandinavia Industry Guide
- Australia Beer Market Insights 2013
- Sweden Beer Market Insights 2013
- Beer in Australia