New Consumer Goods research report from Euromonitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/27/2014 -- Hair care products which aim to protect, nourish and reduce hair damage inflicted by perms, colourants and environmental conditions made significant progress in 2013 and are now expanding to a broader concept, hair anti-agers. Pantene Age-Defy and Dove Hair Tips Restructuring Treatment are some examples of the advances in this trend. Hair care professionals (stylists) are greatly involved in this diffusion process. Brands, such as L'Oreal, are actively seeking salons as a showcase of their products and training stylists to actively recommend products. L'Oreal has products for retailing and for the institutional channel enabling consumers to easily purchase products at salons (representing a business opportunity for hair care professionals) and also a look for similar products at retailers.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Unilever with the addition of its Sedal, Clear and Dove Hair brands is the leading company in hair care. The company has remained active in new product development for its brands and Sedal, which is the more affordable option, launched new products in 2013, such as Clima Resist, which launched in 2011. This claims to protect hair from climate and external aggressions. Sedal has also made inroads in the natural trend with Sedal Naturals "Hidratacion Sedosa" and "Revitalizacion y Fuerza", which are endorsed by Hernan Zajar, a famous Colombian designer who assures the importance of naturalness both in personal care and fashion design. The products are targeted at increasing awareness of the importance of hair health in personal appearance. Sedal's promotion is working to combine hair health, fashion and general wellbeing to project an overall good personal image.
Hair care is likely to continue heading toward the development of more pre- and post-bath solutions. Some years ago, bath targeted products (shampoos and conditioners) and to a lesser extent, styling agents comprised most of the offer in Colombia. Attempts were made to combine shampoos with conditioners in the same product, a move that worked better in baby and child-specific products for convenience reasons, but which is mainly split for adults. It is in fact the specialisation trend that is boosting hair care and driving the development of a wider range of solutions and products. The cleaning and conditioning benefits of hair care products will remain the more important functions, while those basic needs will continue evolving over the forecast period. The category is ready to embrace more sophisticated pre- and post-bath solutions, such as anti-agers, specific hair care products for coloured hair, and hair loss solutions embedded in beauty and personal care products (coming from the consumer health industry).
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Hair Care industry in Colombia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Hair Care industry in Colombia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Hair Care in Colombia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Hair Care in Colombia?
- What are the major brands in Colombia?
- Which types of styling agents are most common?
- How are shampoos versus 2-in-1 products performing?
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: 2-in-1 Products, Colourants, Conditioners, Hair Loss Treatments, Perms and Relaxants, Salon Hair Care, Shampoos, Styling Agents.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Future of the Haircare Market in Colombia to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Beauty and Personal Care in Colombia
- The Future of the Skincare Market in Colombia to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Skincare Market in Colombia to 2017
- The Future of the Haircare Market in Colombia to 2017
- The Future of the Oral Hygiene Market in Colombia to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Hair Colorants Market in Colombia: Market Profile to 2017
- Hair Care in Lithuania
- Facial Care Market in Colombia to 2017
- Denture Care Market in Colombia: Market Profile to 2017