New Financial Services market report from Datamonitor: "Fee-Based Banking in the UK: Sizing the Market Opportunity"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/28/2013 -- With the viability of the free-if-in-credit model under threat, banks need to increase their focus on the fee-based banking market. Creating more direct revenue streams from current accounts will be vital to banks, especially given the onus on cost control. Fee paying accounts not only generate higher revenue but can also lead to greater customer engagement, cross-selling, and differentiation.
- Discover how big the fee based current account market in the UK is, and how big it can realistically expect to grow.
- Understand how the UK marketed is segmented with respect to users and non-users of fee-based current accounts.
- Learn what strategies will provide most effective in increasing levels of acquisition, loyalty, and profitability for each segment.
- Overcome customer inertia by recognizing the reasons for not holding a packaged account.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Net interest margins, insufficient fund charges, and overdrafts charges have historically been the chief sources of direct personal current account income for providers. However, banks will increasingly looking to raise the income generated by monthly fees of paid-for accounts as revenue from these sources comes under pressure and costs rise.
Fee-based accounts have the realistic potential of making up 36% of the overall current account market. To maximize revenue generation, providers must demonstrate the value consumers can derive from such accounts and emphasize the convenience afforded by fee-paying accounts.
Datamonitor has identified six distinct consumer segments based on usage of, and attitudes towards fee-based current accounts. Each segment displays different characteristics, and banks consequently need to employ very different strategies to reach out to each group.
Reasons to Get this Report
- How many fee paying current accounts are there in the UK and what is their value to providers?
- How big a share of the market will fee-based current account reach?
- What forces are threatening the longevity of the traditional free-if-in-credit model?
- What account features most appeals to different consumer segments?
- What strategies can your organization employ to maximize the acquisition of packaged account customers?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Financial Services research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Mobile Banking: Sizing the Global Market Opportunity
- Mobile Banking in Australia: Sizing the Market Opportunity
- Mobile Banking in the UK: Sizing the Market Opportunity
- Mobile Banking and Payments
- Europe Banking Industry Outlook Survey 2012-2013: Industry Dynamics, Market Trends and Opportunities, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in Banking Industry
- Wealth Management in Taiwan
- 2012: Trends to Watch in UK Retail Banking
- Global Banking Industry Outlook Survey 2012-2013: Industry Dynamics, Market Trends and Opportunities, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies
- Industry Dynamics, Growth, Threats & Opportunities in the Global Banking Industry 2012-2013: Survey Intelligence
- Industry Dynamics, Growth, Threats and Opportunities in the European Banking Industry 2012-2013: Survey Intelligence