Fast Market Research recommends "Smoking Tobacco in France" from Euromonitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/21/2014 -- RYO tobacco is traditionally popular amongst male smokers from the lower-income groups in France. Early in the review period, the factors for choosing RYO tobacco were the taste and health concerns. However, in recent years the profile of RYO tobacco smokers has changed, as the category in France has seen new consumers, including those who have switched from cigarettes to RYO tobacco due to its lower price.
In RYO tobacco the competition is widely consolidated, with the top five players in cigarettes also being present in RYO tobacco, such as Seita Groupe Imperial Tobacco and British American Tobacco. JT International France was the leader in volume terms in France in 2013, thanks to its brands Fleur du Pays and Camel. It was followed by Philip Morris France with the brands Interval and Marlboro. Brands such as Camel and Marlboro in RYO tobacco take advantage of their popularity in cigarettes, as smokers are increasingly looking for the same taste as in cigarettes, only cheaper. The main distributor remained Logista, formerly Altadis Distribution France. British American Tobacco's value growth in RYO tobacco was driven by Pall Mall, its largest brand.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Roll your own tobacco is expected to continue to see a strong performance over the forecast period, due to the cheaper price of RYO products compared with cigarettes. Nevertheless, the high price increases on tobacco products will prevent stronger growth, and RYO tobacco is expected to experience slower growth than in the review period in both value terms at constant 2013 prices and volume terms. By contrast, pipe tobacco is expected to continue to decrease in both value terms at constant 2013 prices and in volume terms, due to the lack of renewal of the consumer base.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in France with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in France, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smoking Tobacco in France market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in France?
- What are the major brands in France?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Smoking Tobacco in Belgium
- Smoking Tobacco in the US
- Smoking Tobacco in Belgium
- Smoking Tobacco in Germany
- Smoking Tobacco in Netherlands
- Smoking Tobacco in Spain
- Smoking Tobacco in Finland
- Smoking Tobacco in Poland
- Smoking Tobacco in Denmark
- Smoking Tobacco in Czech Republic