New Consumer Goods market report from Euromonitor International: "Sportswear in South Korea"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/16/2014 -- Sportswear recorded strong growth in 2013 but the growth rate level slowed down compared to the rest of the review period. However, the value growth still stands high amongst apparel and footwear market. The highest growth in sportswear in 2013 was outdoor apparel and footwear. The strong growth of outdoor apparel and footwear was possible due to increasing population that enjoy outdoor activities and also sportswear manufacturers understood the needs of general consumers.
Adidas Korea was the leading player in 2013 with 16% value share. Nike Sports ranked second with 13% value share. With such rural popularity of sportswear, specialist manufacturers showed high growth rates over the review period. Traditionally popular brands such as Fila, Asics, and Reebok experienced sales downturn and leading brands such as Nike and adidas only just managed to hold share. Others share increase was mainly due to an increase in non-branded products, mostly in sports-inspired apparel and footwear. These products are sold through internet retailing and TV homeshopping. In addition, with outdoor and performance rising, more than 10 players entered sportswear in 2012 alone.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Sportswear brands will continue to gain share sharply, supporting sportswear to reach 23% share of total apparel and footwear in terms of value sales in 2018. This is a huge leap, considering that the percentage remained below 13% back in 2008. Sports-inspired apparel is expected to show exceptionally healthy growth during the forecast period.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Sportswear industry in South Korea with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Sportswear industry in South Korea, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Sportswear in South Korea market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Sportswear in South Korea?
- What are the major brands in South Korea?
- How dynamic is the growth of clothing and footwear internet sales?
- What is the performance of women's clothing vs men's clothing?
- What % of clothing and footwear sales goes through grocery retailers?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Sportswear in South Africa
- Apparel and Footwear in South Africa
- Hotels in South Korea to 2017: Market Databook
- Apparel and Footwear in South Korea
- Furniture Market in South Korea to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Furniture Market in South Africa to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Womenswear Market in South Korea to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Womenswear Market in South Africa to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Travel and Tourism in South Africa to 2017
- The Future of the Haircare Market in South Africa to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape