New Beverages market report from Euromonitor International: "RTD Coffee in the Netherlands"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/24/2014 -- RTD coffee once again registered high growth in 2013. This category is still in its infancy and therefore underdeveloped. Some major brands began to invest in marketing and promotion of these products and this helped the category to achieve high double digit growth. In addition to the increased attention from major players other positive factors were also observed. The warm summer weather, for instance, helped the category achieve growth as this is a coffee drink which is served cold and is therefore very much a seasonal product. The good summer weather and the fact that August and September had exceptionally high temperatures therefore helped RTD coffee to reach a new level of off-trade value sales. In 2013 growth was registered by both the chilled and non-chilled formats in RTD coffee.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
RTD coffee is still a very immature category and this means that strong fluctuations in company share are possible. In 2013, for instance, Douwe Egberts continued to lead the category with a strong position, and yet the company lost significant share compared to the previous year. This was mostly due to the fact that the runner up, Arla Foods, was very active with its Starbucks brand. In terms of actual off-trade value sales Douwe Egberts remained more or less stable, but as Starbucks managed to achieve an impressive increase in value sales in 2013 the two companies were almost equal in size by the end of 2013.
Double digit growth for RTD coffee is expected to continue over the forecast period, with a CAGR of 14% in terms of off-trade value sales at constant 2013 prices. The extension of the product ranges of the existing players is one likely source of this growth and the extension of distribution channels for existing players is expected to be another. RTD coffee is still very much an underdeveloped category with plenty of growth potential for both Douwe Egberts and Arla Foods which were the two major players in RTD coffee in 2013.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the RTD Coffee industry in Netherlands with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the RTD Coffee industry in Netherlands, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The RTD Coffee in Netherlands market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of RTD Coffee in Netherlands?
- What are the major brands in Netherlands?
- What are the key new launches of RTD Coffee and bottled coffee products?
- Who are the consumers of RTD coffee in Netherlands?
- Where is ready to drink coffee most commonly consumed?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Beverages research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Iced/RTD Coffee Drinks Market in West Europe to 2019: Market Guide
- Iced/RTD Coffee Drinks Market in Latin America to 2019: Market Guide
- Iced/RTD Coffee Drinks Market in Asia to 2019: Market Guide
- Iced/RTD Coffee Drinks Market in East Europe to 2019: Market Guide
- Global Iced/RTD Coffee Drinks Report 2013
- RTD Coffee in Hungary
- RTD Coffee in Spain
- RTD Coffee in Germany
- RTD Coffee in Portugal
- RTD Coffee in China