Recently published research from Euromonitor International, "Self-Service Cafeterias in France", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/09/2014 -- Like other consumer foodservice concepts, self-service cafeterias was negatively affected by the unfavourable economic context. However, its lower performance was also related to changes in the eating habits of the French population, who prefer other concepts which are more in phase with their need to eat quickly and on-the-move. In comparison with fast food or specialist coffee shops, for example, these outlets have been having difficulties attracting younger consumers. To counter this trend, the main players in this category continued to renovate their chains, their positioning and their offerings. In general, they tried to offer competitive menus, and some of them made additional efforts to provide a good service to children in order respond better to the needs of families with children.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Flunch (Agapes Restauration) continued to be the most important self-service cafeteria in France in 2013. With 171 owned stores and 70 franchises, this player led chained self-service cafeterias in terms of outlets, transactions and value sales in 2013. Its overall value share in GBO terms reached 34% in 2013. Despite declining value sales and transactions in 2013, the company was able to sustain its position due to its strong branding, outlet renovation and low price strategy. In January 2013, for example, the chain launched ?iD qu?on aime?, which is a range of eight different recipes which are available at ?4.95 from Monday to Saturday at lunchtime.
Self-service cafeterias is expected to continue to see a value sales decline over the forecast period at constant 2013 prices. The important investment necessary to open new outlets, coupled with clients? disaffection will continue to push down value sales. Trade sources still believe that a future rebound is possible if there is a strong economic recovery, and also if the main chained operators are able to modernise their concepts and adapt to the new needs of French consumers when it comes to eating out. These players need to overcome a major challenge, which is to offer quality foodservice at competitive prices, and quickly, in a modern and pleasant environment.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Self-Service Cafeterias industry in France with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Self-Service Cafeterias industry in France, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Self-Service Cafeterias in France market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Self-Service Cafeterias in France?
- What are the major brands in France?
- Are there any new developments in terms of the food and drink offering in self-service cafeterias in France?
- What is the average spend per transaction for self-service cafeterias and how does this compare to other foodservice formats i.e. fast food, full-service restaurants?
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Chained Self-Service Cafeterias, Independent Self-Service Cafeterias.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Self-Service Cafeterias in the United Kingdom
- Self-Service Cafeterias in Egypt
- Self-Service Cafeterias in the Netherlands
- Self-Service Cafeterias in Sweden
- Self-Service Cafeterias in South Korea
- Self-Service Cafeterias in Thailand
- Self-Service Cafeterias in Taiwan
- Self-Service Cafeterias in Ukraine
- Self-Service Cafeterias in the United Arab Emirates
- Self-Service Cafeterias in Malaysia