Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/20/2014 -- Polishes registered moderate growth in 2013 with an overall increase of 1% in current value sales, as polishes continued to feature in a smaller part of household cleaning regimes. The category was characterised by a shift in cleaning habits, as substitute products such as polishing wipes and surface cleaners cannibalised sales of polishes. New products such as Pledge wipes provided added value to consumers through convenience, while floor cleaning systems captured sales from traditional floor polish.
SC Johnson & Son Ltd remained the category leader in 2013 with a value share of 67%. The company dominates the market through its leading brands Kiwi, Pledge, Tana and Twinkle. Its position was largely solidified with the 2011 acquisition of Sara Lee Corp, which brought the company a leading position in shoe polish, the largest category in polishes.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Polishes is expected to register a constant value CAGR of 2% over the forecast period to reach C$82 million in 2018. The growth of shoe polish will buoy the overall category performance and mitigate the continued decline of floor polish, though the rising use of speciality products in surface care is anticipated to continue to lead to overall polishes sales depleting.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Polishes industry in Canada with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Polishes industry in Canada, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Polishes in Canada market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Polishes in Canada?
- What are the major brands in Canada?
- What are the future prospects for the polishes market?
- What are the key new product launches in the polishes market?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Polishes in Israel
- Polishes in the US
- Polishes in France
- Polishes in Ireland
- Polishes in Tunisia
- Polishes in Azerbaijan
- Polishes in Macedonia
- Polish and Cream Markets in the Top 5 American Countries to 2017 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Polish and Cream Markets in the Top 5 European Countries to 2017 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Polish and Cream Markets in the Top 5 Asian Countries to 2017 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts