New Food research report from Euromonitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/28/2014 -- Students and young adults have in the past contributed to the growth in demand for home delivered pizzas. However, the negative effects of high unemployment rates (16% at the end of 2013), decreasing disposable income and low consumer confidence by young professional workers and students undermined value sales of 100% home delivery/takeaway, as these consumers perceive it to be an unnecessary expense. Two other major factors continued to challenge the landscape: Consumers tightening their purse strings during this time of economic uncertainty, and an increase in pricing within this category due to a VAT increase. In this unfavourable climate, consumers reduced their expenditure across all foodservice categories, including 100% home delivery/takeaway. Although it fared better in comparison to full-service restaurants or self-service cafeterias, the drop of value sales was inevitable. Frequent offers and value deals were key reasons for the relatively better performance.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
TelePizza Portugal SA remained the unquestionable leader of chained 100% home delivery/takeaway, accounting for a 9% value share and a 6% share of outlets. TelePizza has 41 outlets in 2013. Along with its multinational size, TelePizza benefited from strong outlet locations and the launch of an online sales solution for mobile phones in 2012 to order and configure menus, from pre-designed options to ones that are 100% customisable. Later, in 2013, the company renewed its website, launched in 2010, which became more functional and appealing. Moreover, TelePizza continued to strongly invest in the development of price offers and the launch of new products on its menus.
100% home delivery/takeaway, particularly 100% home delivery, continues to be underdeveloped in Portugal, in comparison to other Western European countries. Although there is a strong tradition among Portuguese consumers to take cooked food to work to enjoy as a packed lunch, as consumer confidence improves, an increasing number of consumers are expected to fall to the temptation to buy takeaway food during the day. Another factor which is also expected to have a positive effect on 100% home delivery/takeaway over the forecast period is the celebration of mega sports events, such as the 2014 FIFA World Cup, which tend to favour gatherings of family and friends.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway industry in Portugal with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway industry in Portugal, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway in Portugal market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway in Portugal?
- What are the major brands in Portugal?
- What is the most popular cuisine type in home delivery/takeaway in Portugal?
- How have independent pizza 100% home delivery/takeaway brands competed against chained brands?
- What new products have seen the most success for pizza or other types of 100% home delivery/takeaway operators?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway in Egypt
- 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway in the Netherlands
- 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway in South Korea
- 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway in Belgium
- 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway in Mexico
- 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway in the United Kingdom
- 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway in Vietnam
- 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway in Thailand
- 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway in Turkey
- 100% Home Delivery/Takeaway in Austria