Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/25/2014 -- Beer has the biggest unit consumption among all alcoholic drinks in Turkey. The most popular packaging type in beer was glass bottles with 1.4 billion units in 2012 in retail and foodservice combined. Increased demand for glass bottles in domestic lager has been one of the main drivers of demand for glass bottles in beer. The use of glass bottles remained prominent in domestic lager because glass is perceived as premium packaging for this higher-margin product type and it helps to keep beer cool for a long period of time. Metal beverage can packaging was the second most popular type in 2012. Beer in metal beverage cans is highly affordable and preferred mostly by young adults and students. It is also easier to carry due to its light weight and there being no risk of breakage.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Over the forecast period increased non-alcoholic beer consumption is expected, triggered by alcohol regulations, traffic regulations and increasing liquor licence troubles. On the other hand, there has been increased demand for low/non-alcohol beer owing to the health and wellness trend among consumers. This will prompt female consumers in particular to switch to products that are perceived to be less calorific. While global beer consumption increased by 16%, non-alcoholic beer recorded 81% growth in the last five years. Efes invested EUR2 million in Russia, and has plans to start producing non-alcoholic beer in Turkey too. The health and wellness trend will continue to be a particularly strong trend over the forecast period, determining growth opportunities in alcoholic drinks packaging. Glass and metal can are both expected to grow in the forecast period due to the new non-alcoholic beverage trend.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Alcoholic Drinks Packaging industry in Turkey with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Alcoholic Drinks Packaging industry in Turkey, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Alcoholic Drinks Packaging in Turkey market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes in units and filled volumes
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the total unit volume of alcoholic drinks packaging in Turkey?
- What are the major alcoholic drinks pack types in Turkey?
- Has a shift to at home consumption benefited large size retail packaging such as bag-in-box and keg?
- How is the market for returnable glass and PET bottles developing in Turkey?
- Has the recession benefited metal beverage cans over glass bottles?
- What are the most dynamic pack types within alcoholic drinks?
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Beer, Cider/Perry, RTDs/High-Strength Premixes, Spirits, Wine.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research
is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com
or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Manufacturing research reports
at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Packaging of Retail Non-Alcoholic Drinks in New Zealand, 2007 to 2017
- The Packaging of Retail Non-Alcoholic Drinks in Peru, 2007 to 2017
- The Packaging of Retail Non-Alcoholic Drinks in Japan, 2007 to 2017
- The Packaging of Retail Non-Alcoholic Drinks in Hungary, 2007 to 2017
- The Packaging of Retail Non-Alcoholic Drinks in Germany, 2007 to 2017
- The Packaging of Retail Non-Alcoholic Drinks in Thailand, 2007 to 2017
- The Packaging of Retail Non-Alcoholic Drinks in Indonesia, 2007 to 2017
- The Packaging of Retail Non-Alcoholic Drinks in the Czech Republic, 2007 to 2017
- The Packaging of Retail Non-Alcoholic Drinks in Belgium, 2007 to 2017
- The Packaging of Retail Non-Alcoholic Drinks in Russia, 2007 to 2017