What should people do when an intruder has successfully entered their homes? People should always be prepared for this and they should be aware of the most effective ways to survive a home invasion; here are some of the most useful methods to do escape from the hands of these felonious people.
Doral, FL -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/14/2015 -- The world is no longer a safe place because of the alarming and disturbing number of crimes that people see in the daily news. It's no longer safe to walk in the streets even in broad daylight as criminals lurk around waiting for the perfect time to attack a defenseless prey and rob him with all his money and important belongings. Not only the streets are the places where robbers and thieves prowl to do their criminal deeds, unsecured and unguarded homes are also one of their best choices to rob and steal from; this makes even the homes perilous and risky from these criminals.
With the increasing number of home invasions and robberies happening all over the world, the worst case scenarios would sometimes end up in situations like rape, mauling, damage to property, hostage-taking and maybe even death. To prevent these situations from happening, of course, the very first and basic thing to do is to have the home protected. Some homeowners install really sturdy locks and have them checked before everyone retires to bed; while some prefer to have a home security system, whether a wired or a wireless system, installed in their homes. Based on the Protect America Reviews, many have benefited from the wireless home security systems because of its special security features.
But, what should people do when an intruder has successfully entered their homes? People should always be prepared for this and they should be aware of the most effective ways to survive a home invasion; here are some of the most useful methods to do escape from the hands of these felonious people:
- Design the home with a "safe room" with a dead bolt lock and a really sturdy door. This will be where the members of the family will have to go in case a criminal forcefully enters the home. This will keep the family away from harm.
- Call the nearest police station from a mobile phone once everyone has reached the safe room. When alerted, the police officers would arrive within 5 to 10 minutes.
- When an intruder successfully entered the house, the residents should be very still, calm and quiet. They should try to listen and determine how many intruders are there and if they are blocking the way to the safe room.
- Beforehand, the family has to come up with a code that would mean that it's a signal to get to the safe room. Simple words should be used so that the criminals won't have any inkling about what the family is up to.
- It's best to have a drill with the family and plan the escape to the safe room from different parts of the house to estimate how much time to get to safety.
- In places where home invasions are common, people have to have at least a handgun locked away in the safe room that can easily be accessed in case the intruders are very persistent to tear down the door.
- It's also advised not to come out from the safe room until help or the authorities have captured the invaders or they already flee far away from the home.
These are only some of the basic home safety measures to prevent untoward events from transpiring in case of a home invasion robbery.
About Devcon Home Security
Devcon Home Security is a company which is established for the purpose of offering their readers about important guidelines about home security that could save lives and properties and offer their website visitors some of the high-end researches in terms of safety and security in the homes. They offer expert-level security systems to ensure that all homes are burglar-free. The safety and security of the family should be everyone's utmost priority and choosing them to provide these services is the best choice.