Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/11/2014 -- Whilst various sauces and herbs and spices are enjoying positive momentum thanks to the increasing success of home cooking, other more mature categories, such as pickled products and bouillon/stock cubes, are forcing manufacturers to relook at their product strategies to find product alternatives that can balance the decrease in consumption by the average consumer. Although health and wellness added- value might look to be the lowest hanging fruit for them to regain share, this is not applicable to all products. In fact, in the case of non-oil pickled products, which were launched to attract customers looking for healthier alternatives, this has not proven successful in terms of volume sales.
Despite difficulties faced due to the horse meat scandal in the first quarter of 2013, Star - Stabilimento Alimentare is expected to remain the leading company in sauces, dressings and condiments, followed by Barilla. During 2012 Barilla opened a new production plant in Italy, 100% focused on the production of pasta sauces, in light of its interest in refocusing the company's production on its core business, that is pasta, sauces and bakery.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
In the future, sauces, dressings and condiments is expected to recover from the recession and start growing again in volume terms from 2014; however, strong promotional activity in major categories such as pasta sauces is expected to generate a decrease in value sales, which will last for a couple more years prior to seeing a positive performance.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Sauces, Dressings and Condiments industry in Italy with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Sauces, Dressings and Condiments industry in Italy, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Sauces, Dressings and Condiments in Italy market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Sauces, Dressings and Condiments in Italy?
- What are the major brands in Italy?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The UK Seasonings, Dressings and Sauces Market: What Consumers Eat and Why?
- The German Seasonings, Dressings and Sauces Market: What Consumers Eat and Why?
- The Spanish Seasonings, Dressings and Sauces Market: What Consumers Eat and Why?
- The Brazilian Seasonings, Dressings and Sauces Market: What Consumers Eat and Why?
- The Italian Seasonings, Dressings and Sauces Market: What Consumers Eat and Why?
- The US Seasonings, Dressings and Sauces Market: What Consumers Eat and Why?
- The Russian Seasonings, Dressings and Sauces Market: What Consumers Eat and Why?
- The French Seasonings, Dressings and Sauces Market: What Consumers Eat and Why?
- Sauces, Dressings and Condiments in Japan
- Sauces, Dressings and Condiments in the Philippines