Fast Market Research recommends "Self-Service Cafeterias in Switzerland" from Euromonitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/19/2014 -- Self-service cafeterias struggled over the review period, experiencing only a marginal increase in value terms. Competition, particularly from other foodservice categories, increased considerably over the review period, putting pressure on self-service cafeterias. However, the category?s low price strategy helped outlets to continue to attract consumers looking for food with a good price/quality ratio. Over the latter part of the review period, operators increasingly sought to offer an enjoyable experience to their customers by rethinking the design of their outlets to provide a unique atmosphere.
Migros remained the category leader with a value share of 50% in 2013. The retailer had 192 outlets in operation, all of which were located in Migros retail outlets. Shoppers appreciated the opportunity to shop and eat for low prices in the same building. With 157 outlets, Coop?s self-service cafeterias accounted for 18% of total sales, ranking it second. Maus Fr?res and Ikea ranked joint third in self-service cafeterias each with value shares of 6%, with the first operating 24 outlets while the second operated 10 outlets in 2013.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The number of chained self-service cafeterias is expected to increase only marginally over the forecast period, which, combined with an expected decline in the number of independent formats, is a clear indication that the category is reaching saturation. Competition from other foodservice categories offering a convenient, fast and affordable way of eating increased and is likely to continue to do so. As a result, value sales at constant 2013 prices are expected to post a marginally positive CAGR over the forecast period
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Self-Service Cafeterias industry in Switzerland with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Self-Service Cafeterias industry in Switzerland, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Self-Service Cafeterias in Switzerland market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Self-Service Cafeterias in Switzerland?
- What are the major brands in Switzerland?
- Are there any new developments in terms of the food and drink offering in self-service cafeterias in Switzerland?
- What is the average spend per transaction for self-service cafeterias and how does this compare to other foodservice formats i.e. fast food, full-service restaurants?
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Self-Service Cafeterias in Portugal
- Self-Service Cafeterias in the United Kingdom
- Self-Service Cafeterias in Egypt
- Self-Service Cafeterias in Denmark
- Self-Service Cafeterias in Australia
- Self-Service Cafeterias in Germany
- Self-Service Cafeterias in the Netherlands
- Self-Service Cafeterias in Turkey
- Self-Service Cafeterias in France
- Self-Service Cafeterias in Sweden