Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/16/2014 -- Sports and energy drinks continued to be dominated by energy drinks in Cameroon in 2013, with sales of sports drinks negligible due to low consumer awareness and lack of availability. Consequently, sales continued to be hampered by a limited consumer base, in part as a result of low advertising activities among the main operators, and also low interest among the target consumer base. However, 2013 witnessed a change in this category as SABC added a new brand, XXL Energy, to the competition following the introduction of Source du Pays' Reaktor brand in 2012.
Domestic players remain quite competitive in the category, although shares are fragmented. Thanks to the success of Source du Pays and other major players, such as SABC, which already enjoyed strong distribution networks, other players entered the category. This underpins the potential of this category for growth.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
In 2013, total volume sales of sports and energy drinks experienced robust growth, with a CAGR of 5% expected over the forecast period. Growth in total sports and energy drinks volume sales over the forecast period is expected to accelerate in comparison to the review period as demonstrated by the interest shown by some players to introduce new products. Demand for energy drinks may however be hampered by growing public concern about its potentially negative health effects (these products tend to be high in sugar, caffeine and artificial colourings and flavours).
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Sports and Energy Drinks industry in Cameroon with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Sports and Energy Drinks industry in Cameroon, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Sports and Energy Drinks in Cameroon market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Sports and Energy Drinks in Cameroon?
- What are the major brands in Cameroon?
- What are key new sports and energy drinks launches and what impact impact did they have on #category#?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Beverages research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Sports and Energy Drinks in Estonia
- Sports and Energy Drinks in Germany
- Sports and Energy Drinks in Italy
- Sports and Energy Drinks in Nigeria
- Sports and Energy Drinks in Indonesia
- Sports and Energy Drinks in Uruguay
- Sports and Energy Drinks in the United Kingdom
- Sports and Energy Drinks in Hungary
- Sports and Energy Drinks in the Philippines
- Sports and Energy Drinks in the US